Blessed Zion: First Presbyterian Church Jackson, Mississippi 1837-2012
By Sean Michael Lucas Afterword by Ligon Duncan
The First Presbyterian Church of Jackson was organized on a Saturday afternoon, April 8, 1837 by the Reverend Peter Donan and four others. The organizing meeting was held in "the Old State House," Mississippi’s first capitol, a small two-story structure on the northeast corner of East Capitol and North President Streets.
From this inauspicious beginning has grown a ministry that has had an impact in the city of Jackson, the state of Mississippi, and around the world for over 175 years. This Blessed Zion is something for which God deserves all the praise as we recount His faithfulness.
Available through the Presbyterian Bookstore