Worship Service Registration
During this phase of reopening, we will need everyone to register for worship services. It is a sad consequence of our situation that we will have a limited number of spots for each service in order to accommodate appropriate social distancing.
Register online HERE.
If you would prefer to register via phone, please call the church receptionist at 601-353-8316.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I stay home?
We want to assure anyone who might feel safer staying home and worshiping via livestream that you should feel no guilt or shame in doing so.
If you have any of the following symptoms, please do not attend: fever, chills, body aches, cough/congestion, recent loss of taste or smell, or if you are generally unwell. Based on current medical advice, we strongly encourage those who are in categories of increased risk of hospitalization from COVID-19 due to underlying health issues, low immunity, or age, also to consider refraining from attending worship services right now.
What will Sundays look like in general?
- Worship will remain at normal times: 8:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 6:00 p.m.
- We will resume worship services only. There will be no meetings of Sunday School classes on Sundays.
- There will be no nursery available. All children are very welcome in the worship services.
- There will be no choir. For now, music will be led by small groups or soloists.
- Based on the latest medical advice, we discourage corporate congregational singing during the services at this time. The words of the hymns will be provided, so that you can follow along as they are sung from the platform. This isn’t ideal, and we hope to change it soon, but we are trying to follow best practices for the good of all, and we ask for your patience and understanding.
- We will continue to stream our services online. We also broadcast the service from the week prior at 10:00 a.m. on WLBT.
What about the details?
In order to resume, we will need to follow a number of guidelines to keep everyone as safe as possible, including the following:
- From the parking lot to the pew, we ask that everyone practice social distancing.
- We will be limiting capacity at each service. We ask that all congregants sign up in order to attend the service.
- To avoid bottlenecks at the entrances, we ask that you please arrive 15-20 minutes early.
- The ushers will be available to help everyone find a responsibly-distanced seat. This may not be your “usual” seat. We ask that you follow the ushers’ directions while we work to keep everyone safe. People who live in the same home can and should sit together.
- After the service is over, please remain in your seats, and the ushers will help dismiss everyone in sections.
What else are we doing to keep everyone safe?
Here are a few other best practices that we will implement:
- Everyone should wear a face mask throughout the service. We will have some available, but we recommend you bring your own.
- The sanctuary will be sanitized following each service.
- Bathrooms will be available for use in the greeting courtyard and between the sanctuary and the library and will also be cleaned between services.
- We ask that no one drink from the drinking fountains.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for your use.
- We will have bulletins placed on seats waiting for your arrival. Please take them with you when you leave.
- Instead of passing offering plates, our ushers will be standing by the doors in the sanctuary to collect your tithes and offerings at the close of each service. Online giving is also available through our website and our church app.