Student Ministry Events
From now until February 2nd, we are asking adults in our church to commit to praying for an individual student involved in youth ministry for a year. This commitment will involve being paired with a student, buying a prayer guide ($6), and praying through the guide for a year. We hope it will also involve occasionally coming down to the youth house (anytime after early service until about 10:05), saying hey to your student, and engaging about things that matter. The goal of the Pray for Me Campaign is to have three adult believers, each from different generations, paired with each student, using the prayer guide as a resource to effectively pray for them throughout the year. It’s in the simple way of faithful, committed prayer that we’d like to connect our church more. Will you please consider making this commitment? If you’d like to, please visit fpcjackson.org/youth to fill out a very short survey. Or if you have any questions about this, please email me at email@example.com.
The Students & Families Ministry staff looks forward to this time each year as we plan for the annual Senior High Winter Retreat at Alpine Camp for Boys. We value this time away from the busyness of school and have seen friendships deepen as students learn more about the love of Christ. Our weekend is full of fellowship, play, and time to rest atop Lookout Mountain.
Our Speaker this year is Martin Antoon, RUF campus Minister at Savannah College of Art and Design.
Contact Lilly Foerter at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
SENIOR HIGH SPRING BREAK
The cost is $235, but sign up by the Early Bird Deadline January 22 and pay $185.
Due to popularity, the signup process for this trip will differ slightly from other FPCYM trips - please note the timeline.
Registration Opens: January 1, 2020
Registration Closes: February 12, 2020 by 11:59 p.m.
Early Bird Discount: $185 (Register by January 22)
Regular Price: $235 (January 23 - February 12)
If you have any questions regarding refunds for trips, please email Lilly Foerter at the Youth House.
- To secure a student’s spot, a deposit of at least 50% of the total trip cost is required. The total balance must be paid in full 30 days prior to the trip; otherwise the student may lose his or her spot.
- Any cancellations made at least 30 days prior to the trip are 100% refundable.
- There will be no refunds for cancellations made 14 days prior to the trip, unless another student fills the spot.
- Any cancellations made within 14 and 30 days prior to the trip are eligible for a 50% refund or a full refund if another student fills the spot.
- Deposits made for any RYM trips are non-refundable, unless other students fill all spots.
We are dedicated to making all FPCYM events accessible to all the students of First Presbyterian Church. We may be able to provide full or partial scholarships for retreats and trips. Conact Lilly Foerter at the Youth House to request a scholarship.