Every woman at First Presbyterian Church is a member of the Women in the Church (WIC) and is invited to participate in activities, services, studies, and ministries provided especially for women.
The WIC sponsors programs with outstanding speakers and teachers who challenge women in their spiritual growth and offers many opportunities for service and mission in which women are invited to use their gifts to serve, support, and care for the body of Christ and our community.
Our theme this year, “Who is My Neighbor?” will align with our church-wide theme, “On Mission Together.” Our emphasis will be not only about living the Gospel before our non-Christian friends and family, but also communicating to them all that Christ has to offer. Because our “neighbors” are also those in our church family, we want to communicate ways others have helped us in our Christian walks. For instance, we will talk about removing roadblocks to our witness, and we will provide opportunities to use our gifts in service to others. We will also promote building mentoring relationships across generations. All of these things are designed to help us prioritize Gospel opportunities in our busy lifestyles.
Women in the Church seek to glorify God and serve Christ’s kingdom on this earth. We want our women to:
- Know Christ
- Apply the teachings of Scripture in all areas of life
- Be involved in meaningful community by equipping them for ministry and service in the church and in God’s Kingdom
- That our women be taught and increasingly apply the teachings of Scripture so that God would be glorified in our lives.
- That we, through the faithful stewardship of our time, talents, and treasures, involve our women in meaningful community and service with one another so that Christ would be glorified through acts of encouragement, mercy, and compassion.
- That we equip our women to support our leadership in the work of the church through worship, discipleship, and outreach so that our church could be found faithful in service to Christ.