We are seeking qualified applicants for the following positions. To apply, email resume and qualifications to Ralph Kelley, Executive Minister.
Director of Communications
First Presbyterian Church is seeking a full-time Director of Communications. We require an experienced leader with management experience for this key position.
- Experience in communications, creative direction, or a related field
- Excellent written communication skills and copywriting
- Highly organized, highly productive, and manages time well
- Ability to think and work quickly, moving from one project to another (with different goals, audiences, and deliverables)
- Must be a self-motivator with the ability to lead and work effectively on a team
- Must exemplify a love for (and skill with) all types of people
- Must commit to enthusiastic alignment with the Theology and Philosophy of Ministry as communicated on the FPC Jackson website.
- Must commit to performing their duties in accordance with the stated mission and purpose of the church, Policies and Procedures Manual, and the Westminster Confession of Faith.
- 1-3 years in ministry or non-profit activities
- Proficient in industry-standard Adobe design and layout platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in website development using WordPress (some coding skills required)
- Proficient in print production process / file preparation (large and small formats)
- Knowledge of video process and editing (working knowledge of Premiere Pro or Final Cut, or other editing software)