This website is provided by The First Presbyterian Church of Jackson, Mississippi, for the spiritual nourishment of the congregation and to encourage the spread of the gospel to the surrounding community, and ultimately to the world through the proclamation of the whole counsel of God as written in the verbally inspired, infallible Scriptures. Visitors are encouraged to visit often and freely use anything on this site, subject to the following conditions.
- Unless specifically noted, any and all material appearing on the First Presbyterian Church (FPC) website is copyright by the author. Nevertheless, First Presbyterian Church retains the right to publish, sell, and otherwise disseminate any material that was delivered under the auspices of First Presbyterian Church
(whether initially remunerated or not) unless the author reserves the right in advance.
- Sermons at First Presbyterian Church are frequently delivered extemporaneously. While these transcribed messages are lightly edited for internet use, they are not prepared for publication. No attempt has been made to alter the basic extemporaneous delivery style, or to produce a grammatically accurate, fully cited, publication-ready manuscript, conforming to an established style template. Consequently these messages may occasionally contain material not fully or properly cited or attributed and not original to the particular speaker. In such situations neither the speaker nor the church asserts ownership to such material. Please note Copyright Infringement Disclaimer.
- Should there be questions regarding grammatical irregularities or theological content of any material originating on the First Presbyterian Church website, the reader should presume any error to be with the transcriber/website editor rather than with the original speaker.
First Presbyterian Church exists to serve the King and His kingdom. We desire to offer Christ, as He is freely offered in the Scriptures, without cost. Our transcripts and audio files are available for you to download for personal use without cost. They may not, however, be reproduced for resale or redistribution without written permission.
Permitted limited reproduction - Quotations, citations, and references
Permission is granted for short quotations from the First Presbyterian Church website, provided the author and source of each quotation is properly noted. Short quotations are specifically that: not entire sermons are articles. If you desire to reference content from this website, please do so with a short quotation and provide a direct link to the main article on the FPC website.
J. Ligon Duncan, "Savior of the World", First Presbyterian Church, Jackson, MS. As downloaded on September 12, 2004,
Framing of pages from this website is expressly prohibited. Framing consists of using an article or content from our website in such a way that it appears to be part of another website. whether whole or in part, even if credited to the author. Stripping original content of its source URL, then reformatting and placing it within another website, which often contains ads, banners, and material which FPC may or may not endorse, might lead viewers/readers to assume that First Presbyterian Church endorses or approves of everything on that website.
Complete Content Copying
Copying complete content (a complete sermon, a complete theological treatise) from the FPC website to your own website without written permission, whether the original formatting is retained or not, whether the author is cited or not, and whether the source URL is retained or not, is a violation of United States copyright law. It is illegal. If you desire to reproduce our contentin toto, please contact us for written permission.
Linking to FPC
Links from other websites towww.fpcjackson.org. First Presbyterian Church permits all links which do not alter the content of thewww.fpcjackson.orgwebsite in any way, and which keep the source of the contents fully identifiable. Please observe the requirements for proper reproduction and copyright. FPC reserves the right to change the URLs for subpages at any time; it is your responsibility to verify your links to our subpages.
Links from FPC
FPC generally provides links to sites with information that supports and is consistent with the FPC mission. With the exception of the Day School and Twin Lakes, which are ministries of FPC, all offsite links are to websites that are owned and operated by third parties. In keeping with our education and teaching mission, some sites with polemical material are included. We do not control these third party sites and cannot be responsible for the content within them. We do attempt to screen sites, however, we do not warrant the content published to be accurate, current, reliable or inoffensive. You access and use these sites solely at your own risk. As a rule, we do not usually link to commercial sites.
The FPC Jackson website does not enter into reciprocal link agreements. You are welcome to link to the FPC Jackson website, but we will not guarantee that we will provide a link to your site from the FPC Jackson website. Similarly, if FPC Jackson creates a link to your site, you are not obligated to provide a link back to the FPC Jackson site. FPC will review the overall content of the website requesting a link on the FPC website and reserves the right not to link to the site. If your site does not offer links you should consider adding them before asking for a link.
FPC Jackson reserves the right to remove any link at any time.
Commercial Sponsorship and Advertising
The FPC Jackson website does not enter into commercial sponsorships, accept advertisements, or provide endorsements.
Short list of rules
- You may link to our home/index page,www.fpcjackson.org
- You may "deep link" directly to any page on the FPC website
- You may use short citations/references/quotes from the FPC website provided the source is properly acknowledged
- You may not frame any page on our site within your website. No exceptions are permitted.
- You may not take use an entire page from our website and use it within your own, whether the original text font is retained or reformatted, whether the author is cited or not, and whether the original URL is included or not. If you desire to completely reproduce our content in it entirety, you must have written permission from the webmaster.
- Any link to our site should be a full forward link that passes the client browser to our site unencumbered. The BACK button should return the visitor to your site if the visitor wishes to back out. You should not link to individual graphics or tables within our pages, especially in an effort to place the downloading burden on our servers.
When you browse our website, you do so anonymously. We do not automatically collect personal information, including your email address. We do log your IP address (the Internet address of your computer) to give us an idea of which part of our website you visit and how long you spend there. Like many other commercial websites, the FPC website may use a standard technologies, such as cookies and other HTML tools, to collect information about how you use the site.
First Presbyterian Church respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, The Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), Pub. L. 105-304 requires that all infringement claims must be in writing and must include the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
The FPC website operates under the oversight of the Session's Library and Resource Committee. The primary contact for all information regarding the First Presbyterian Church website is the webmaster,email@example.com